Zaydi books on Atheism

More
2 years 7 months ago #1298 by Mohammad
As salamu ‘Alaykum, I have looked over the outstanding work that Imam Qasim ع has provided regarding the Atheists, and I was wondering if the kind brothers here could recommend to me any other works that I can look at.

I found that some of the books of Usool that we have tend to be a bit too watered down when it comes to Kalam arguments, and I really want to continue taking from the ocean of the Ahl al-Bayt عليهم السلام.

I'm hoping for a work that can address free will in particular, but not in terms of addressing it via an Islamic worldview, but more so an atheistic one.

May your reward be with Allah (SWT)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #1299 by Imam Rassi Society
wa alaykum as salaam wa rahma!

Thank you for your question! I don't know of any work dedicated exclusively to atheists by our imams (as). Even the text you cited by Imam Rassi (as) is dedicated moreso to refuting the claims and ideas of a 'sceptic' rather than one we would understand as an atheist in the modern sense. The word mulhid (which is usually translated as 'atheist') is actually more all-encompassing and can refer to a sceptic, philosopher or a disbeliever in general. We plan to dwell on this in our introduction to our forthcoming translation of Majmu Imam al-Qaasim b. Ibrahim ar-Rassi, inshaAllah.

Many of our theological works begin with the concept of Allah's existence as this forms the basis of theology. Our imams and scholars respond to the contrary ideas and notions of their time. For example, some of our imams rationally refutes the idea of an beginning-less universe which was prevalent at the time. I heard that this idea has been resurfaced by some atheists today. But, I don't think that any of them dealt with the concept of atheism, per se.

They also tend to argue for freewill using rationalist arguments.

And Allah knows best!

IRS
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Imam Rassi Society.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds