tawassul

More
5 years 5 months ago #912 by admin
tawassul was created by admin
There are no issues with tawassul, right? Zaidi's allow it? For example if i do tawassul with Rasul (s) to ask him to ask Allah on my behalf to guide me etc. Is that allowed in zaidi? if so how does one do it?

There is no problem with tawassul. Rather, we are informed of it in the Qur’an: {If they, when they had wronged themselves, came to you to seek Allah’s forgiveness and the Messenger sought forgiveness for them, they would’ve found Allah the Most Returning the Most Merciful} The reference to the Messenger and his seeking forgiveness for them is tawassul. It is by means of his position to Allah and his being closer to Him than they were. The same applies to other than him by analogy.
[The same is elucidated in the well-known incident where the blind man sought tawassul through the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny. In addition to tawassul through the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, there is also tawassul through the Companions of the Cloak (i.e. Ali, Fatima, al-Hasan, and al-Hussein). Imam Mansoor Billah (as) narrated on the authority of Ibn Abbas that when the Prophet was asked the words that Adam used to repent to his Lord, he replied: ((“I ask you by the right (haqq) of Muhammad, Ali, Fatima, al-Hasan, and al-Hussein that You turn to me!” and He turned to him)). Similar is narrated in Sunni sources.]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds