Ahlul Bayt and Amr Maaruf

More
7 years 4 months ago #444 by kish786
Salam,

I came across a hadith in the book Tuhaf sharh al zalaf of Imam Majid Majideen, is this hadith cited anywhere else and is there a chain of narration and who narrated this hadith:

وذلك أن تثبيت الإمامة عند أهل الحق في هؤلاء الأئمة من الله عز وجل على لسان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم ، فمن ثبت الله فيه الإمامة واختاره واصطفاه ، وبين فيه صفات الإمام ، فهو الإمام عندهم ، مستوجب للإمامة ، لقول النبي صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم : ((من أمر بالمعروف ، ونهى عن المنكر من ذريتي ، فهو خليفة الله في أرضه ، وخليفة كتابه ، وخليفة رسوله)) ..إلى آخره.

Please assist me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #447 by Imam Rassi Society
Salams!

Thank you for your question! As for the cited hadith in question, for the sake of our non-Arabic readers and visitors, I will translate it. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his Progeny, said: ((Whoever commands the good and forbids the evil from my descendants--such person is Allah's caliph on His Earth, the caliph of the Book and the caliph of His Messenger)).

Imam al-Haadi (as) narrated it in his Al-Ahkaam. Although, he did not include the chain of narrators in this book, scholars of takhreej and commentators relate that his ahadith are narrated on the authority of his father--grandfather, al-Qaasim--his father...all the way to Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him and his Progeny. Al-Haadi (as) usually indicates when he relates ahadith from another chain by indicating the narrators.

An interesting note is that in the footnotes of the text Kitaab al-Muneer after relating this hadith, it says that Sunni collections narrate the same tradition but exclude the words ((...from my descendants...)) obviously. However, says the writer, there is evidence of distortion and fabrication in the Sunni narrations of this hadith because of the absence of the 'connected article fa' in the hadith. (فهو خليفة الله) In Arabic grammar, this 'connected article fa' indicates that a precondition was stated and the criteria of this precondition was subsequently stated afterwards. The absence of the fa means that something in the hadith was extracted. It should be obvious to anyone familiar with Arabic grammar that there is something wrong with the Sunni version of the tradition (من أمر بالمعروف ، ونهى عن المنكر هو خليفة الله) without the connected article fa. This points to the possible distortion of this tradition.

Besides, it would make sense that the words ((...from my descendants...)) is included in the hadith because of the famous, well-known hadith reported and authenticated by Sunnis ((Verily, I leave for you two caliphs: the Book of Allah and my Descendants...)).

And Allah knows best!

IRS
The following user(s) said Thank You: kish786

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds