Quraish

More
6 years 5 months ago #772 by Rehan Khan
Quraish was created by Rehan Khan
Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullah I would like to know whether khalifat is confined to quraish only because in one of the hadiths it says khaliphat is only quraishwhats zaydi view

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #780 by Imam Rassi Society
Replied by Imam Rassi Society on topic Quraish
wa alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

Thank you for your question! As for the hadith ((The imam is from the Quraysh)), Zaydis use it as a proof that the imamate is from the Prophet's Family and not the Quraysh in general. This is because the hadith uses tab'iidh which in English means particularisation. If I said--for example--that the culprit of a crime is from this group, I do not mean that everyone in the group is the culprit. Rather, I mean that the culprit can be found in this group; that is, he is among the group members. Similarly, if I say that the imam is from the Quraysh, that means the imam is included among them by not necessarily all of them.

As for the Zaydi view that the Prophet's Family is who is meant, there is a hadith in which the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, was recorded to have said: ((Verily Allah granted eminence to Kinana from amongst the descendants of Isma’il [the ancestor of the Arabs] and he granted eminence to the Quraish amongst Kinana, and he granted eminence to the Banu Hashim amongst the Quraish, and he granted me eminence from the tribe of Banu Hashim.)) Saheeh Muslim.

This means that the Banu Haashim are more distinguished than the rest of the Quraish and that the family of the Prophet is more distinguished than the rest of the Banu Haashim.

And Allah knows best!

IRS
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Imam Rassi Society.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds