Is Isa ibn Maryam (AS) passed on?

More
3 years 1 month ago #1116 by 12erForNow
as-salamu alaikum ikhwan,

I just recently heard the concept that some muslims (including some sunnis) do not believe in the return of Isa ibn Maryam (AS). If the Zaidi position is a rejection of the return of Isa (AS) then has Isa already passed? Every soul will taste death and there is ayat that even Isa will die. So was he raised into the heavens when romans were searching for him? Since I am coming more from a 12er background I always thought Isa (AS) would return and pray behind the 12th Imam (AS).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #1118 by Mohammad
Walaykom Al-Salam, Insha'Allah the answer to your question(s) can be found here:

www.salvationark.com/salvationark1/index...rn-of-isa-imam-mahdi

''It must also be borne in mind that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, is reported to have said: ((...there will be no Prophet after me)). Therefore, one must ask: If Isa is to return, would that mean that there is a prophet after the last Prophet? Those who hold to the view that Isa will return say that Isa (as) will not return as a prophet; however, nubuwwa (i.e. Prophethood) is not something that can be removed from anyone. The holders of this view would have to come with proof that prophethood can be taken or removed from someone. Otherwise, they would belie the statement of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny.
Those narrations that mention Isa's return are solitarily narrated therefore, they cannot be relied upon for aqeeda.''

-IRS

www.salvationark.com/index.php?option=co...questions&Itemid=116

The following translation is of a response by a contemporary Zaydi scholar, Allama Abdullah ash-Shâdhili, may Allah have mercy on him:

''As for the return of Christ, upon him be peace, I am not aware of the statements of our imams, upon them be peace, concerning this issue—by that, I mean the early authorities (al-mutaqadimîn). This is because the issue is not one of affirming deviance or related to the belief or practice. There has not been any from our imams who has refuted or established it.''

''What is clear to me is that those narrations that have infiltrated are amongst the narrated Jewish legends (Isrâ`îlîyât), especially from the books of the Jews and their interpolations. This is because they do not recognize the Christ that was sent before the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, and they are still waiting for his coming. Yet, according to the Christians and Muslims, he has already been sent. Therefore, they constructed these narrations of his return. The issue is one of small advantage because the one who says that he is to return makes the return under the rule of the Muslims and under the leadership of the Mahdi.''

- IRS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds