Saheefah Ali al-Rida

More
3 years 7 months ago #1063 by Sultan
Saheefah Ali al-Rida was created by Sultan
As salamu alaykum !

What is the reliability of this hadith book according to our scholars ? A brother said to me that in Al Lawami' from imam Al Hujjah, there is some words about it. Can you tell us what is his exact opinion ?

Also, imamiyyah shared this chain of transmission on their website, with some zaydi imam and scholars, is it authentic and is it the same with which zaydis transmit this book?

{Shaykh 'Abd al-Wa`si' said: "I have narrated this Sahïfa through the authentic chain of authorities connected with Imam al-Qa`sim b. Mohammed, peace be on him, on the authority of his Shaykh al-Sayyid Amïr al-Dïn b. 'Abd Allah, on the authority of al-Sayyid Ahmed b. 'Abd Allah al-Wazïr, on the authority of Imam al-Mutahhar b. Mohammed b. Sulayman, on the authority of Imam al-Mahdi Ahmed b. Yahya, on the authority of Sulayman b. Ibrahïm b. 'Umar al-'Alawi, on the authority of his father Ibrahïm, on the authority of Rida' al-Dïn Ibrahïm b. Mohammed al-Tabari, on the authority of Imam Najm al-Dïn al-Tabrïzi, on the authority of al-Hafiz Ibn 'Asakir, on the authority of Zahir al-Sinjani, on the authority of al-Hafiz al-Bayhaqi: On the authority of Abu al-Qasim al-Mufassir, on the authority of Ibrahïm b. Ju'da, on the authority of Abu al-Qasim 'Abd Allah b. Ahmed b. 'Amir al-Ta'i(in Basrah), who said: 'Ali b. Musa al-Reza, peace be on him, related to me in the year 194 A. H...}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #1064 by Imam Rassi Society
wa alaykum as salaam wa rahma!

Thank you for your questions! As for the authenticity of the text, Imam Mu'ayyadi basically said in his Lawaami' that since the imams have both transmitted the ahadith in this text as well as quoted from this text, the chains of narrators of this text are assumed to be authentic. In fact, Sayyiid Majiddeen (ra) himself had this text transmitted to him along with its chains of transmitters by his teachers. He also said that the chain transmitted through Ibn Asaakir to Imam Ahmed b. Yahya al-Murtaza (as) has some problematic narrators but there are other transmissions which he considers authentic.

I believe that the transmission you cited is one of the various chains of transmission in our books. There are various chains of transmissions so forgive me if I don't match the particular one you mentioned.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds