Muhammad b. Mansur al-Muradi

More
7 years 8 months ago #349 by Abu Yusuf
I'm interested in learning more about him, do we know his full lineage? Apart from the Amali, what other works did he author, and how many do we still have? And just to clarify, in the Jami` al-Kafi, where it says "gala Muhammad", it's referring to him?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #353 by Imam Rassi Society
Salaams!

Thank you for your question! I apologise for our delay. As for the lineage of Allama Muhammad b. Mansur al-Muraadi (150-290 AH), I couldn't find much but I'll keep looking. As for his credentials, he is known as "Sheikh al-Islam" by our scholars. He was one of the most prominent hadith scholars of Kufa during his time. Even Sunni traditionalist adh-Dhahabi says of him: "Imam; hadith scholar; reliable (thiqa); scholar." He related ahadith from numerous authorities of the Ahl al-Bayt. He was also a student and companion of Imam al-Qasim ar-Rassi (as) for 25 years and transmitted ahadith and fatawa from him. He also accompanied Imams Ahmed b. Isa (as), Abdullah b. Musa (as) and Yahya b. al-Hasan (as).

He authored and compiled more than 30 books some of which include: Amali of Ahmed b. Isa (as), Kitaab adh-Dhikr, At-Tafseer Kabeer and Sagheer, Seera al-Aimma al-Adila, Al-Kitaab al-Khamees, Risaala 'ala Lisaan at-Taalibeen ila al-Hasan b. Zayd, Al-Minaahi, and others. The only extant books from him, I believe, is Amaali Ahmed b. Isa, Kitaab adh-Dhikr and Al-Minaahi.

He is who is meant when Al-Jaami al-Kaafi when it says "Muhammad says..."

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
7 years 8 months ago #356 by Yahya
Replied by Yahya on topic Muhammad b. Mansur al-Muradi
Salamu 'alaykum ! And when it is said in Amali Ahmad b. Isa (as) " Ja'far narrated to us from Al Qasim b. Ibrahim ", who is this Ja'far from whom Imam Muhammad learned ?

More
7 years 8 months ago #359 by Imam Rassi Society
Wa alaykum as salaam wa rahma!

Thank you for your question! As for the identity of Jafar, it refers to Ja'far bin Muhammad an-Nayrusi. He was a jurist and a prominent companion of Imam al-Qasim ar-Rassi (as). He transmitted masaa`il of fiqh from him (as) in the text known as Masaa`il Nayrusi.He also related ahadith from Musa bin Abdullah bin Musa bin Abdullah (as).

And Allah knows best!

IRS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yahya

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds