Cell phones athan Apps

More
2 years 10 months ago #1236 by Mohammad89_
Assalamu 3laykum, I am using an App for call to prayer, however, I want to make sure what are the best prayer times. Sunni tprayer times or Shia Jafari?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #1238 by Imam Rassi Society
wa alaykum as salaam.

There's really no difference between the two other than the time for maghreb, right? Are the Shia times three or five? If they are three, I would just download the Sunni times and pray 7 to 10 minutes after the maghreb times.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
2 years 10 months ago #1239 by Mohammad89_
Replied by Mohammad89_ on topic Cell phones athan Apps
Assalamu 3laykum, the differemce in maghrib ia Shia pray maghrib 14 minutes later than Sunni. is it ok if I download sunni times and add 14 minutes to maghrib or it should be 7 to 10 minutes after sunset?

More
2 years 10 months ago #1241 by Mohammad89_
what about id I go to a sunni mosque and they always start praying maghrib 3 minutes after sunset, do I have to wait from 7 to 10 minites to start praying or can I start praying with them?

More
2 years 10 months ago #1244 by Imam Rassi Society
wa alaykum as salaam wa rahma!

Thank you for your questions! The time for maghreb according to Zaydis should be about 7 to 10 minutes approximately from the Sunni time as I mentioned. This is just an estimate. What I would do is simply go out and observe the sunset sky at the time of maghreb and wait till you see a star. At the time you see it, calculate the time you see it from the time of the Sunni adhan and base it on that.

And Allah knows best!

IRS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohammad89_

More
2 years 10 months ago #1247 by Mohammad89_
what about if some day I go to a Sunni mosque and they call to prayer for maghrib at sunset, Do I have to wait for praying or can I pray with them?

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds